Escuela del Los Angeles: Primaria

 Working with the primary school was my overall favorite. I was able to work with the students directly, and every moment of it was amazing. I observed classrooms and did 1:1 with students, and it allowed  me to build strong relationships with the students and teachers. I was very honored to have the opportunity to help in the classrooms and be a part of their community. Working there allowed me to see my future working in schools, and how to elevate student experiences by being one with them. I notice that the way of discipline there is different compared to the US, because of their close connection respect is automatically formed. Therefore, the kids move and stray from rules a bit with gentle reminders, and always remember to respect their teacher's rules.

The staff of the psycho-pedagogy department were spectacular. Each day I gained inspiration and a new role model. The way they truly care for student's development can light up a room. The school is guided by love and you can just tell from the outside looking in. I was in awe everyday while I was learning how to be a better provider for kids whilst letting them be independent. Honestly, whenever I had free-time, I was searching up careers in the U.S. such as theirs.

I am leaving costa rica with many beautiful memories, and a full heart with all the love they gifted me.